Do you have any questions ?
Do you want more information on the IpDoor world? Check out our FAQ.
1. How can I customize the interface of the external unit display?
From the IpDoor smartphone app (available for Android on Google Play and for iOS on the App store) it is possible to set the actions of the external unit when the visitor arrives or during the call. You can set welcome messages, leave directions via text messages (e.g. plan to reach, opening hours, etc.) that will be pronounced when the presence sensor detects the visitor.
2. How many names can I enter in the display of the IpDoor external unit?
The touch display can be configured for any housing need (single / two / three-family house, small building or condominium). By default, the system provides a touch button on the external IpDoor entrance panel, but, against the purchase of the license number of buttons, it is possible to add others according to your needs.
3. Can the external unit display get damaged by being outside?
No. The external unit is very resistant to sun and atmospheric agents, thanks to the robust scratch-resistant glass that protects it from vandalism and wear.
4. Is it possible to use the external unit camera even at night?
Yes. The 5Mpixel camera with a viewing angle lens of over 170 ° provides a clear panoramic view both day and night thanks to infrared LEDs.
5. Can I communicate via external unit if there are background noises?
Yes. Thanks to the dual microphone and electronics with dedicated DSP, background noise and audio noise such as echo are eliminated: the audio is clear and defined both at the input and at the output guaranteeng a functional communication.
6. Are the visitor reception functions that I set on the display autonoumosly activated?
Yes, the reception functions are activated automatically thanks to the proximity sensor that detects the presence of a person in front of the external unit.
7. Is there an anti-theft system on the external unit ?
Yes. The anti-shock sensor warns the owner by notification when the door station suffers a shock, a knock or an abnormal movement, such as an attempt to tamper.
8. The wires that allow me to control a door opener cannot get from the inside of the house to the external lock. How can I do?
With the IpDoor system, we have achieved maximum flexibility: it is possible to start the door opener control wires directly from the external unit, as it is normally near the lock.
9. Can I control an automatic gate and a gate at the same time via the IpDoor external unit?
Yes, the IpDoor external unit has two outputs. Through a powered output it is possible to control electric locks and with the other it is possible to operate a gate opener.
10. How much will the IpDoor external unit protrude from the wall once installed?
Once installed, the Touch wall-mounted external unit will protrude from the wall by only 20mm. The Flush flush-mounted Flush external unit is installed in a dedicated flush-mounted box and will be flush with the wall (only 2mm of thickness visible).
11. If someone is not positioned exactly in front of the external unit camera, how can I see him?
The panoramic camera integrated in the IpDoor external unit manages to capture a person from any point thanks to its viewing angle of over 170 °.
12. Can I set the IpDoor external unit to call different devices according to the time slot?
Yes. This feature is very useful in a commercial environment. In fact, it is possible to establish that during business hours the call will arrive inside the office, while during closing time on the personal telephone.
13. How can I identify the visitor through the IpDoor access control system?
The IpDoor system identifies the user and enables him to access in different ways: by bringing an NFC tag close to the external unit (it can be a card or a smartphone), by showing a QR code to the external unit camera, by associating the smartphone bluetooh and enabling a door opener button or via facial recognition.
14. In the IpDoor access control, does each user have a unique code / credential?
No. A user can also have multiple codes / credentials that activate different actions (open the door, deactivate the alarm, etc.). This is useful in families as parents can generate multiple codes for different functions and provide children with only those they deem appropriate.
15. How can I get a domestic worker or a professional to access my home independently having the security of not being able to return freely afterwards?
IpDoor was also designed for those who want to give independent access to occasional users, only in certain time slots. Just simply create temporary credentials (such as a QR code) valid only for a certain time.
16. Can I associate the IpDoor access control functions with those of my home automation systems?
Yes. You can set the IpDoor system to activate specific actions in combination with your access (simultaneous opening of multiple gates, switching on of the house lights, deactivation of the anti-theft system, etc.).
17. Where can I check all the accesses through an IpDoor external unit in a certain period?
The access logs can be consulted via web by the account administrator and via App by users of the same group / family.
18. What can I do with the IpDoor App?
With the IpDoor App you can manage all access, control the videos recorded by all the external plates, monitor and third-party cameras connected to the system, and of course communicate with your visitors via smartphone.
19. To make the IpDoor app work on my smartphone, do I have to leave it always active?
No. The IpDoor App will be awakened to the call via push notification, in this way it will not drain the phone battery.
20. Is it possible to receive the call from the door station on the App of multiple devices?
21. How many external units and how many entrances can I manage remotely via App?
With the IpDoor App you can manage all the entrances of the structures where an IpDoor external unit is installed (e.g. summer house, office entrance).
22. Do I have to pay for the IpDoor App?
No, you can download the app for free on Google Play or Apple Store. If you wish to use the app to its full potential, we suggest adding a Remote App License to your system.
23. Do all the accounts associated to an external unit use the different functions in the same way?
An IpDoor external unit can be managed by multiple accounts, to which the administrator can however assign different roles. For example, you can decide to enable your child to answer calls but not to open gates through the App.
24. Where do I download the IpDoor App?
The IpDoor app is available for Android devices on Google Play and for iOS devices on the App Store.
25. Is IpDoor a Made in Italy product?
The product is developed entirely by us, starting from design to electronics and mechanical manufacturing. The same goes for the software, from the implementation of the drivers of the Android operating system to the Android application in the door station and in the optional monitor, up to various applications on mobile devices.
26. How can I create my IpDoor system?
The IpDoor system allows you to create simple systems consisting of a single external unit that directly calls the App or PC and internal monitors; or it can be integrated into more complex solutions such as home automation systems or corporate networks located in multiple locations. The ability to grow and perform upgrades over time, ensures flexibility and complete coverage of every need, even in the future.
27. Can I configure the system without immediately installing the external unit?
Yes, the IpDoor system is cloud based and can be configured independently of its installation and physical location.
28. Can I configure the IpDoor system from my smartphone?
Yes, the external unit configuration was also designed to be carried out from the smartphone via a web interface very similar to that of the IpDoor app.
29. If I want to add a new account that uses IpDoor features, do I have to call a professional?
No, just invite the new user via link within a specific group and he can automatically use the App to answer calls.
30. Is the IpDoor system secure on the cloud?
We own and control the cloud, we choose the safest servers and we are able to protect data in the most effective way.
31. What happens to the IpDoor system if the internet is missing?
IpDoor works even in the absence of internet connection because it uses point-to-point communication technology. It will not be possible to answer calls remotely but the system functions will remain unchanged.
32. In which contexts is it possible to install the IpDoor system?
One of the strengths of our system is flexibility in adapting to many installation environments (residential, B&B, industrial, offices).
33. I own a villa managed with numerous home automation systems, is IpDoor compatible?
Our video door entry system is perfectly suitable also for large villas with a strong technological touch. IpDoor integrates and communicates easily with all pre-existing home automation systems.
34. Can I easily integrate the IpDoor system with my company's network and telephony devices?
Yes. IpDoor also integrates easily into complex infrastructures. The system adds new features but is not invasive with regard to existing infrastructures.
35. Can I integrate the IpDoor station with Microsoft Teams?
Yes. IpDoor integrates easily with Microsoft Teams and allows you to answer calls and manage access via the Teams desktop client, Teams app for smartphones and Teams-compatible desk phones.
36. What features do I unlocke by purchasing IpDoor licenses?
You can remotely use all the functions of the App (therefore also answer and open doors when you are not at home), add new call buttons to the touch display of the external unit, use the IpDoor system in access control mode and enable it to communicate with SIP devices. Contact our staff to find out other very useful features that will soon be available for customizing your IpDoor system.
37. Where do I configure IpDoor licenses?
The purchased licenses are configured by the administrator via web interface. He will enter the QR code supplied with them and associate the desired accounts. Some licenses are linked to external units, others are linked to the account that activates them.
38. Can all the accounts associated to the system use the access control license?
No, the activation of the Device Access Control license alone is not sufficient to activate the access control functionality. In fact, it is also necessary to combine the User Access Control License. Only the number of users chosen with the purchase of the User Access Control License will be able to generate their own credentials.
39. If I connect the system to multiple devices at the same time (tablets, phones, monitors) is it necessary to purchase additional licenses?
Do you need to connect IpDoor devices within the local LAN network? You don't need any additional licenses.
Do you need to connect third-party devices within the LAN? You will need to purchase the Third Party Devices license.
Do you need to connect third-party devices to a remote network? You will need to purchase the Third Party Devices license and the Remote Call license.